Thursday, November 29, 2012

Blog 13: Family waits for news of missing plane


A mom (Trista Meyer), her boyfriend (Matt Ahrens) and her daughter (Shyann Lenz) have gone missing.  They were headed home to Gillette when their airplane they were operating disappeared from the radar Sunday afternoon.  The last place they were seen was in Filmore, Utah.  Myra Fees is the mother of Trista and grandmother of Shyann.  Fees said Wednesday, “This is the hardest I’ve ever lived through” as she waited at her Rozet home for news of her daughter and granddaughter.  She also says “It’s been a nightmare. Nobody’s really sleeping….I don’t remember having this kind of pain for anything.” This all started because Matt, Trista and Shyann had flown to California for Thanksgiving.  The last text the family got was at 11:57am on Sunday when Trista had texted her sister telling her that they had just refueled in Fillmore, and would be back in a few hours.  About that same time, Shyann texted her dad, Mark Lenz.  On Wednesday, they had many planes out searching for the areas where the plane was flown.  The families are hoping they are still somewhere out there, and are alive. 

I would say this relates to family because it shows that your family means a lot.  This is why everyone should always let their loved ones know they love them every day because you never know when the last time to say that will be.  I know that my family means a lot to me, so I would probably feel the same way if I was Myra Fees and didn’t even know if my loved ones were even alive.  I have seen some stories recently about missing people, and the first thing I think about is how their family feels.  The missing people are probably missing the family a lot also if they are still alive.  I value each and every time I get to see my family because I know how easy things can happen and be taken away from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment